The growth in bandwidth-intensive applications, coupled with the migration from local compute/ storage models to cloud-based services, is driving a need for more efficient converged network infrastructure solutions, enabling improved network utilization, simplified large-scale operations, and lower cost per Gbps.
The BTI7800 line of packet optical transport systems supports large scale 10 Gbps, 100 Gbps, and 200 Gbps wavelength capacities in an open SDN platform. Leveraging a rich set of optical capabilities, including coherent modules with integrated ROADMs, the BTI7800 line helps network operators increase network capacity, reduce space/power/cooling costs, improve network utilization, and simplify the deployment of highvalue services.
The Juniper Networks® BTI7800 line of packet optical transport systems leverages a modular, flexible, pay-as-you-grow architecture. At the heart of the BTI7800 are flexible Universal Forwarding Modules (UFMs), each capable of switching up to 400 Gbps. UFMs can be equipped with 10 Gbps, 100 Gbps, and 200 Gbps interfaces providing the flexibility to support a wide range of muxponder and transponder connectivity. Optimized for metro and regional networks, the BTI7800 devices support a broad range of interfaces, including 10 Gbps, 100 Gbps, 200 Gbps, OTU2, OTU4, and OC-192/STM-64.
The BTI7800 line is managed by the Juniper Networks proNX software, an SDNarchitected, high-performance network management and control platform with open APIs, Web GUI interfaces, and software-enabled networking.
The BTI7800 Packet Optical Transport Systems integrate simple, plug-and-play reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer (ROADM) technology to increase the capacity of existing networks or roll out new 100 Gbps or 200 Gbps networks. A variety of blade options, including ROADM, optional amplifiers, and pluggable pre-amplifiers, satisfy diverse capacity, span and reach requirements, while optimizing equipment expenses. The system automatically discovers all network nodes and modules, and automatically establishes intra-node and extra-node connections, eliminating manually intensive and error-prone configuration tasks to streamline operations.
- Leading density, space, and power: Designed for massive capacity in a compact footprint, the BTI7800 architecture supports up to 5.6 Tbps of wavelength capacity in a 14 U chassis, with 10/100/200 Gbps scale (2×200 Gbps per slot client and line-side connectivity) to 16.8 Tbps in a single rack.
- Diverse capacity, span and reach capabilities: The BTI7800 integrates ROADM-ona- blade, improving deployment flexibility and economics.
- Open management and control: Open SDN-architected proNX software and associated applications enable new levels of programmability, automation, and control, simplifying and accelerating service delivery.
- Investment protection and migration path to applications integration: The BTI7800 modular architecture supports the addition of future interfaces and applications.
|Capacities 10GbE capacity 100GbE capacity||5.6 Tbps 560 56||800 Gbps 80 8||400 Gbps 40 4|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||24.5 x 17.9 x 22.0 in (62.2 x 43.0 x 56.0 cm)||5.2 x 17.5 x 12.0 in (13.3 x 44.4 x 30.5 cm)||1.75 x 17.4 x 24.2 in (4.4 x 44.0 x 61.5 cm)|
|Power consumption||-48V DC, 100A (max) AC power options available Power per 10GbE = 7 W (typical)||-48VDC, 20A (max) AC power options available Power per 10GbE = 9 W (typical)||-48VDC, 15A (max) AC power options available Power per 10 Gbps = 10 W (typical)|
|Cooling unit||Pec code||BT7A52EA||BT7A52DA, BT7A52EA|
|Normal operating temperature range||0°C to 40°C||0° to 40°C||0° to 32°C|
|Environmental and safety certifications||Telecordia NEBs Level 3, Earthquake Zone 4, GR-63-CORE, GR-78-CORE, FCC Part 15 Class A, GR-1089- CORE, IEC/UL/CSA 60950, IEC 60825||Telecordia NEBs Level 3, Earthquake Zone 4, GR-63-CORE, GR-78-CORE, FCC Part 15 Class A, GR-1089- CORE, IEC/UL/CSA 60950, IEC 60825||Telcordia GR-3160 Generic Requirements for data center Equipment and Spaces, FCC Part 15 Class A. IEC/UL/CSA 60950, IEC 60825|
Universal Forwarding Module (UFM) Configuration OptionsEach chassis option supports a number of common UFM configuration options:
- UFM Type 3: Supports two BIC slots
- UFM Type 6: Supports 10 quad small form-factor pluggable transceiver (QSFP) ports
- 10 Gbps LAN/WAN, OC-192, STM-64, OTU2
- 100 Gbps, OTU4
- 200 Gbps, OTU4
Optical Layer Supported Span Loss
- ROADM-on-a-blade/ILA module only: 23 db
- ROADM-on-a-blade/ILA module with pluggable pre-amp:32 db
- Small form-factor pluggable plus transceiver (SFP+), 850 nm
- SFP+, 1310 nm
- SFP+, dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM)
- C form-factor pluggable transceiver (CFP), 100GBASE-SR10
- CFP, 100 Gbps Coherent
- CFP, 100GBASE-LR4
- QSFP+, 40x10G, LR
- CLI, SNMP, and NETCONF/YANG
Line Side Protection
- Optical protection switch
- Wavelength protection switch (WSP4)